Couture and Bespoke (Extended)
Do you have the desire to put your own range together or simply want to increase your experience and expertise in pattern making and garment construction? Perhaps you want to start your own business in Made to Order, tailoring, bridal and evening wear? Then this course would be ideal for you – a functional course for all who want to learn Made to Measure! With an intensive computer aided pattern making component you can even send your creations offshore for manufacturing!
- Advanced pattern making from students’ own designs and sketches.
- Pattern making through draping techniques.
- Working with toiles and construction of garments in calico.
- Making the garments in the intended fabrics.
- Couture sewing and a variety of construction methods such as boning, lace application, French seaming, hand finishing, interlining and fusing.
- Tailoring techniques including tacking, pad stitching, lining, hand stitching and fusing.
- Fabric handling.
- Use of specialty machinery.
- Completion of set assignments to the required standard and in the specified time
- Year 12 preferred.
- Completion of MSF Certificate of Pattern Making and Garment Construction or approved equivalent.
- Proficiency in pattern making, cutting and garment construction
- Access to sewing machine
- Sufficient time at home for punctual completion of assigments and set tasks
185 Spring Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Course Start Dates
Applications are currently being accepted for the following start dates:
10 March 2014 & 2 June 2014
Being taught by professionals who work in the fashion industry is really interesting and gives you an insight into how the industry works in the real world.MajaStudied Fashion Design in 2012
The course gave me so much confidence in my abilities as a designer and the teachers had such an in depth knowlege of the fashion design industry that I felt ready to hit the ground running.VanessaAdvanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology, 2012
Throughout my 3 years, I was astounded at the broad selection of industry relevant subjects offered to students.StaceyStudied Fashion Design in 2012
My main objective for studying at the Melbourne School of Fashion was to gain an insight into the fashion industry and to really focus on pursuing my dreams to work as a Buyer.KatrinaStudied Certificate in Fashion Business in 2011
The course content was really broad and enabled the students to work with a complete range of millinery materials and techniques.KelliStudied Certificate in Milinery, Construction & Design in 2010
I don’t think the world is quite ready for the stuff I am about to show it, but they will be someday.AdamStudied Certificate in Fashion Business in 2011
The Bachelor of Fasion and Design gave me the perfect blend of technical fashion knowledge and business know-how to start my own design label.DavidBachelor of Fashion and Business, 2012
I feel totally confident about finding a full time position in a retail company where I can use my skills learnt from the course to pursue a successful career in management.SophieStudied Certificate in Fashion Business in 2010
My absolute favourite subject was Small Business Planning. There was a lot of work but the completed business plan was rewarding.DianaStudied Certificate in Fashion Business in 2008
The teachers made me thrive with their wealth of knowledge, experience and willingness to assist with any questions… and trust me I had plenty.KimberlyStudied Certificate in Fashion Business in 2008
Subscribe to our mailing list:
There are no upcoming events.